- To secure the services of Ariella Strings for an event or a wedding £100 non-refundable booking fee will be paid in advance and returned with a signed copy of the contract (emailed signed copy is fine). Only once cleared funds are received and a signed copy of the contract returned to Ariella Strings will the booking be confirmed. Please note that all fees quoted are valid for 7 days only, or until earlier acceptance by the Engager, after which time they may be altered by Ariella Strings without giving notice to Engager. (For bookings confirmed 8 weeks or less before the date of the event the full amount is due to secure the date).
- The final balance is due 8 weeks before your event. A late fee of £25 will be incurred should the final balance not be paid by the date on which it is due. All details are on the signed contract.
- BACS transfer is our preferred method of payment. All details are on the signed contract.
- Performance in addition to that specified above shall be charged per half hour or part thereof for extra time that is not booked more than 4 weeks in advance of the function. This amount (if not paid cash on the day) will be invoiced within one week of your event. We cannot guarantee to be able to accommodate changes in timings made less than four weeks prior to the engagement.
- The performers cannot always stay beyond the agreed contracted finishing time as one or more players may have further engagements. Please be careful when choosing times as it is disappointing if we have to rush off. Where possible we will always try and exercise goodwill.
- It is agreed by both parties to this contract that the equipment and instruments of the musicians performing for the engagement are not available for use by other performers or persons except by specific permission of the performers.
- It is the responsibility of the Engager to take all reasonable steps by way of stipulation in booking the venue for the engagement, to ensure an adequate performance area for the performers.
- During the summer months, we are happy to join you and your guests outside as long as it is not raining and as long as we have adequate shelter from direct sunlight and strong winds. A marquee, awning, large umbrella, extended canopy or the inside of a doorway is preferable. (A strategically place tree may work!!) However, we may not be able to play outside should the temperature be below 16 degrees Celsius, regardless of what time of year it happens to be. Your musicians are static as they perform and get cold extremely quickly. The decision whether to perform outside will be made by the musicians at the time of performance and you agree that their decision will be final. Performances may be moved indoors due to weather conditions. We do not supply cover of any kind.
- You are welcome to take short snippets of video (or sound recordings) of the musicians, as long as said video or sound recordings are not used commercially or shared on social media without our prior consent. Many professional musicians charge extra for video footage at weddings, but we strongly believe that our Ariella couples should have a lasting memory of our playing, not just photos. However, we would ask that any video footage is kept to less than 30 seconds if at all possible. If you are planning on having a professional videographer, please can you put them in touch with us, so we can chat things over before your wedding day.
- In the event of any of our regular performers not being available on the day of your booking, we have a pool of other professional musicians of equal standard who will play in their place.
- Comfort breaks – A minimum of 10 minutes in every hour is included within the booked times for a comfort break for the performers. The performers undertake that the timing and taking of comfort breaks will be executed with sensitivity, taking into account where practicable the nature of the function. For bookings of over 3 hours the musicians will work in 45-minute sets. Please note that moving and setting up in a different venue or room does not constitute a comfort break.
- Cancellation Terms. If you find that you have to cancel, the following terms will apply:
- 12 weeks and longer. Loss of booking fee only.
- Less than 12 weeks. 50% of the full fee (less the booking fee) will be payable.
- Less than 8 weeks. The full fee (less the booking fee) shall be payable.
These cancellation terms are required because we have to turn down any other engagements for your date.
The signed contract may not be modified or cancelled except by mutual consent, in writing and signed by both parties.